Some of Me

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

the bottle

Isaiah is a breastfed baby. He is very happy being one. Today we attempted to give him a bottle. We did this for a few reasons. We would like to go out without him for valentine's day, and I am going to work one day a week starting at the end of this month. I pumped out enough milk to satisfy him for at least one feeding. At first it seemed that we would have success on the bottle front. Chris attempted to give it to him, because the books said that someone other than me should give it to him so he wouldn't want to nurse. He drank about an ounce before he started spitting it out. Chris thought he wasn't hungry, but as soon as I picked him up he tried to nurse through my shirt. We tried a different type of nipple, I tried holding the bottle, but nothing worked. Finally it got to the point that we put the bottle in his mouth and he changed from a happy baby to a screaming one, take the bottle out and back to happy Isaiah. I am not sure what to do, but he has to take a bottle at some point. I guess we will just keep trying daily until he will take it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home